A 1920’s Cinema
The Pavilion opened in Reading in 1929 as a cinema, The Gaumont, complete with organist and tea lounge. It closed in 1979, and was used for a while as a snooker hall.
Renovation in the 21st Century
More than 30 years after the cinema closed Life Spring Church bought the Pavilion and restored the building, opening it again for their church services and various other community events. They opened it as a smart venue for hire and a centre for theatre and other performances, keeping many touches of its original architecture as a cinema.